Run Registration on our website will close at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, September 20.
You have until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 24 to register on active.com (click this link).
After this Sunday deadline you may reigster on Monday, September 25 at the Calhoun Depot from 2:00-6:00 p.m. You will also receive your race bib at this time.
If you cannot register on Monday, day of registration (Tuesday, September 26) will begin at 4:00 p.m. in the Gordon Central High School Cafeteria (335 Warrior Path, Calhoun, GA 30701)
It's time for 24th Annual Unity Run! This event has lasted over 20 years in Gordon County and is still going strong. It is the official start to the United Way of Gordon County Fund Raising Campaign. The Unity Run has become the second largest fundraiser for United Way, only Calhoun’s Dancing with the Stars raises more for our 18 agencies.
There are two runs:
- 1K Kid's Run - 5:00 PM Sponsored by AGC Pediatrics (Pre-K - 5th Grade, ages 3-11)
- Start Line: Besides the GC Baseball Field, runners cross the finish line on the track at Ratner Stadium. Ashworth Middle & Gordon Central High Cross County teams run with the little ones to help keep them on the course!
- 5K Run/Walk - 6:30 PM (All Ages)
- Start Line: Begin at Warrior Path beside tennis courts. Cross Red Bud Rd. Continue down Curtis Parkway. Right on Dews Pond Rd. Right on Barrett Rd. Left on Meadow Lane. Left on Buena Vista that changes to Boulevard Heights. Right on Line St. Left on Piedmont St. Right on North Court St. Cross Hwy. 41 to Court St. FINISH LINE at the intersection of Court St. and Park Ave. in Downtown Calhoun.
- We would like to note that children (Pre-K-5th, ages 3-11) that participate in the 1K can also participate in the 5K at no additional cost.
- The 1K race is timed as is the 5K race. If you want your child to be timed in the 5K they will be given a second bib. If you do not care about your child being timed in the 5K race, they may wear their 1K race bib in the 5K race. Please email Vickie at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know so we can give your child the appropriate race bib(s).
Registration: DAY OF Registration will be available starting at 4:00 P.M. in GCHS Cafeteria.
Parking & Buses: For the 1K: Ample parking available at GCHS. For the 5K: Park at the Historic Calhoun Depot/Downtown Calhoun/Calhoun High School to ride buses to GCHS. Buses will run BEFORE the race ONLY. NO buses will run after the race. Runners are asked to park and take the bus before the race due to the 1K Race that will be in progress at GCHS. Buses will begin leaving at 4:30 from the Calhoun Depot Downtown. The last bus will leave promptly at 6:15!
Number Pick Up: Monday, September 25th @ Historic Calhoun Depot, participants may pick up their race numbers, as well as pre-register for the race from 2:00-6:00.
Awards: Top Male & Female, Master & Grand Master awards. Awards will also be given to the top 3 for the age group.
Questions: Please call our office at 706-602-5548. Checks can be made payable to United Way of Gordon County P.O. Box 486 Calhoun, GA 30703
Calhoun, GA 30701
|1K Kid's Run||$ 15.00|
|5K Run/Walk Early Registration for Students||$ 15.00|
|5K Run/Walk Early Registration for Adults||$ 25.00|