What is the United Way Small Business Circle?
United Way of Gordon County believes that small businesses, nonprofit organizations, and churches play a critical role in maintaining a thriving local economy, and people want to shop at businesses that support their community. We are pleased to offer an investment opportunity that is good for your business and our community.
The United Way Small Business Circle provides busy entrepreneurs, business owners, managers, and other community leaders an opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of people in your community - with just one gift. Levels range from $365 ($1/day) to $3,650 ($10/day) so you can choose the package that works best for your business. Or, we can do a custom amount that you decide on even if it doesn’t fit into one of our levels exactly.
The Small Business Circle members support United Way’s mission to improve our local quality of life and to help build healthy communities. Annual investments to the United Way of Gordon County assist us in making a large impact in our four focus areas: Education, Health, Financial Stability, and Basic Needs.
Additional Ways to Invest
- Host a Company Giving Campaign - encourage employees to make a one-time donation or a payroll deduction. No amount is too small! Make it fun and offer an entry into a raffle for anyone who donates: a preferred parking space, duck out early passes, gift cards, etc.
- Consider making a Company Match - whether it's a 50 cent match or dollar for dollar, every amount is appreciated.
- Create a FUNdraiser
- Restaurants - Host a "United We Dine" event with a percentage of sales donated to United Way of Gordon County to help our food insecure residents
- Realtors - pick a month and donate $50+ from every closing to United Way for emergency rental assistance and help a resident keep a roof over their head
- Sales Professionals - choose a featured product and let your customers know a portion of sales is being donated to United Way of Gordon County to support the greatest need
- Banks - host a "Quarter Mile of Quarters", put out collection jars and let your customers know you are collecting quarters for a cause. If they put in a dollar bill, you can change that easily ;) Chances are they found a quarter in your parking lot or in the wash. It may be a quarter to most but we can "change" that into Credit Recovery money - allowing students to graduate on time!
- Retailers - host a "Penny Wars" where managers set out a can/bucket/jar for staff to donate spare change (dollars are also accepted!). Tally the amount, declare a winner and award a prize
- Sponsor United Way events - United Way of Gordon County holds several great events every year and always needs sponsors for those events. To check out our list of yearly events, click HERE.
Return On Investment
- Brand Identity - your business is aligned with United Way of Gordon County, recognized as a 4-star charity by Charity Navigator. Attract and maintain customers by displaying your community support with the Small Business Circle or Leadership decal
- Community Support - your Small Business Circle membership donation will be combined with thousands of others and will support initiatives and community partners, all committed to improving the quality of life of our residents
- Brand Recognition - see your logo on this website, in our annual report and on social media
- Invitation - to attend Small Business Networking opportunities, signature events and volunteer opportunities