2019 Calhoun’s Dancing with the Stars GETS SCHOOLED Show
· DWTS Email: email@example.com
· Date of Show: Thursday, May 30 & Friday, May 31, 2019
o Location: Calhoun Performing Arts Center
o Details: Each member of the dance couple that makes it through the audition process is guaranteed a $500 scholarship upon completion of the show. Participants can receive a larger scholarship if they place.
How To Audition:
· If possible, you and a parent attend an Informational Meeting on Tuesday, October 2 - 7:00 @ the Calhoun Depot (109 S. King St. Calhoun, GA 30701) to learn more about the show, then decide if you and your dance partner want to submit an audition video!
· Due Date for Audition Videos: Monday, November 25 5:00 p.m.
· Audition Video Requirements:
o Length: 45 seconds – 1 minute. No longer than 1 minute
o Please introduce yourself at the beginning of the video.
o Cell phone video no professional videos, no editing – raw video
o Must not show school colors or have any clothing that indicates what school they attend, no last names, no shirts with mascot, etc.
· Participant Requirements to Audition for 2019 Calhoun’s DWTS:
o ONE STUDENT IN EACH DANCE COUPLE MUST attend either Sonoraville High School, Calhoun High School, or Gordon Central High School.
o Each member of the couple must be a high school student
o New Dancers that want to audition (this includes those who have previously auditioned and didn’t make the show):
They can dance with someone from the same school or they can dance with someone from another school
o Former Dancers that want to audition:
Former dancers (that were selected by the judges from their video audition and performed in the show) are required to dance with a different partner from whom they have danced with previously.